This online course, authored by Dr Claire Minshull, Rehabilitation & Conditioning Specialist explains the science behind muscle damage in 5 palatable modules and is especially applicable to:
We will look at the causal processes and mechanisms, the effects on muscle performance, injury risk and how you can use muscle damaging interventions to your advantage!
1. Understand the basic properties of contractile and non-contractile tissue & their patterns of loading during different types of muscle contraction
2. Understand the fundamental causes of exercise-induced muscle damage (EIMD) and the principal symptoms and consequences
3. Understand the time frame for recovery of crucial aspects of muscle performance
4. Be able to describe the principles of the the repeated-bout effect
5. Critically-evaluate the strategies used for the prevention of exercise-induced muscle damage
6. Understand how to use exercise-induced muscle damage effectively to enhance performance and reduce injury risk
Schedule of work
Once you have secured your place, you will be given access to all the online materials, which include Modules viewable in video format, downloadable PDFs and self-test quizzes. You will have access to all the streamed material for 3 months and you can keep all the downloadable content forever.
We aim to give you the most up-to-date scientific information but importantly with a practical application. Therefore, by the end of the course, you’ll have a detailed understanding of muscle injury caused by exercise and the practical applications to both manage and use it with your client the very next day.
E-mail us if you have any questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org, we’ll be pleased to help!
ALREADY REGISTERED? CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE COURSE